About The Art
Situated in Nikko, an area with several waterfalls and many sacred temples, pilgrims and tourists would stop to enjoy these falls and refresh weary legs on their way to the Toshugu Shrine.
One group of travelers look upward in awe, dwarfed by the falls, while another more adventurous group make the arduous climb to explore the water's origin.
In this print, Hokusai chooses to animate the waterfall with the spirit of a tree's roots. While the deep Berlin Blue pigment is in sharp contrast to the backdrop, the waterfall seems to merge with the rocks and vegetation, flowing through them with a sense of "oneness".
The water descends about 30 meters in two steps, each about 10 meters wide, and as it falls, the water breaks upon the craggy rockface and creates a misty spray that cools the air.
Free Shipping And Fast Fulfillment
We're proud to offer a shipping policy that's free and faster than Amazon.
- Free shipping for all US customers
- You'll typically receive your order in 3-5 business days
You can find full details regarding shipping and delivery here >>
Free Returns: Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We're sure you'll love your prints. However, if for any reason you don't, we're happy to offer a free exchange or refund 100% of the purchase price. Simply return the print within 30 days.
Quality Printing, Ready-To-Hang
- Arrives ready-to-hang
- Mounting brackets included and centered on frame
- Premium quality look and feel
- Printed using the Giclee printing process, the standard for precise prints with stunning colors.
- Made to last, even in bright/sunny rooms
- Fade resistant canvas, matte finish
Canvas Print Hanging Equipment
Framed Poster Hanging Equipment